[KDrama Review] tvN's Oh My Ghostess



Okay, so i sincerely apologize for reviewing this drama a little late because to be honest, i was hesitating at first if I would watch this drama or what because honestly, i really don't like fantasy dramas, the first time i saw the title, i was like, The F**k?? They're making a drama out of ghost? And also, not knowing who the leading man is, also gave me a lot of hesitations to watch this one. But I ended up watching it anyways when I keep on seeing it on top 10 lists of different blogs and websites, so yeah, i gave it a try.

From the makers of the reply series, tvN, they totally made a great job making this drama. It has a really unique storyline, I'm not sure if it's the first type of drama in korea but so far, this is the only drama I've seen with this kind of genre (Please don't mention Master's Sun since in Master's Sun, the ghosts doesn't play as the lead role.) And also, the way they portray the antagonist in this drama is really great, i find it really refreshing and new.

THE STORY/PLOT


Well as you know, I like Oh My Ghostess because it has a unique storyline on it's own but I won't say that it's near perfect. I really hate dramas where I can easily guess what's going to happen next. You know that feeling? like you can already figure out how things will be in the future. I don't like dramas without any plot twists, because I believe that if you're unable to guess what's going to happen next then that means the storyline is well-made. I like how they thought of the idea of emphasizing the ghost's as the lead role but I don't like how I can easily guess things that are bound to happen in the drama like Officer Choi being the antagonist. I love dramas where you're unable to guess who's the real culprit is, it drives more interest to be honest. I'm not saying Oh My Ghostess' storyline isn't good, I'm just saying that it could be better, I think everything's perfect in regards with this drama except for the storyline since they don't give off that much of a plot twists and surprises.

SCORE : 9/10


THE CAST/CHARACTERS



I'm pretty sure that they made the right choice in each character. The cast suits the characters really well, there's also a lot of actors that I haven't heard of before that totally shines on this drama, so that's really good, well I already saw Soon Ae (Kim Seul-gie) on Kill Me Heal Me before, I believe she's the patient of Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung-eum), right? So I'm a bit familiar with her face, Bong Sun (Park Bo-Young) on the other hand, I already saw her on Werewolf Boy which I believe is a great performance of hers, she successfully delivered the character well, I love the fact that she was enable to differentiate the 2 characters, she totally copied Soon Ae's character and I love it, it's really great. I'm hoping to see more performances of her in the future. Sun Woo (Jo Jung-suk), well I haven't heard of him before, I'm sorry. I really don't know him, but he's face is familiar, i think I saw him with IU? Not sure since I haven't watched it, but same goes as the girls, Sun Woo did an awesome job portraying the character as well. He's not the pretty boy next door type but I'm sure he has this charms that really gives you an awe feeling everytime you see him smile. The supporting casts really did great job as well, starting from the Chefs in Sun Restaurant down to the police officers, they really did their job properly. But among all supporting characters, there's seriously one person that I am most curious with, it's Joon. I thought it would be a love triangle between the 3 (Sun Woo, Bong Sun and Joon) but it's not. Just look at the chemistry of this 2! I thought there's really something between them, haha.



 But anyways, the cast really did great. So kudos for that!

SCORE : 9.5/10


THE SETTING/LOCATION



Well I really don't have anything to say about it since the locations really suits the drama. I also love how Sun Woo and Bong Sun's love started in the rooftop. Hehe, so cute.

SCORE : 9.5/10


FINAL VERDICT


It's not perfect but it's near-perfect. Just a little bit spice on it's storyline and I bet it would be the best drama of the year. I like how they didn't used the forever fool out of kindness character in regards with Bong Sun, because there are some dramas with a character like that, like seriously, you can't be a fool forever trying to think of others. I love how they made Bong Sun improved her character on this drama so 2 thumbs up for that. The unique storyline helps the drama to be good as well, and I give tvN special points for that. tvN is totally in a roll this year, they keep on surprising us with their storylines, I wonder what else do they still have on hand? I can't wait to see it. I'm so looking forward with tvN's new upcoming dramas.

SCORE : 9.5/10


0 comments: